Senior transplant physicians with at least 10 years of continuous experience (from which a minimum of five years have to be spent in a UEMS full member country) who are practicing as specialists in nationally recognized National Health Services or University posts are eligible to apply for an Honorary Fellowship and to be exempted of the examination.
Two years of academic research in transplantation medicine can be included and accepted.
Submission of Honorary Fellowship applications is offered every year to senior transplant physicians meeting the requirements.
The Honorary Fellowship is not subject to periodical re-evaluation by the European Board of Transplant Medicine.
Honorary Fellowship Categories
Based on experience, colleagues can apply for obtaining the Honorary Diploma in one of the following categories/ modules:
- Liver Transplantation
- Kidney Transplantation
In order to apply for the Honorary Fellowship, candidates should fulfill minimal requirements by including the following electronically submitted documents (only English language accepted) in the application:
- Letter of motivation of application for Honorary Fellowship based on clinical activity in the field of transplantation for at least 10 years. Two years of academic research in transplantation medicine can be included and accepted.
- Two (2) recommendation letters
- From the Director or Head of the specific transplant program of the Transplant Center where the applicant works.
- From the Director or Head of the specific transplant program of another Transplant Center, who is familiar with the applicant’s work and experience or as alternative, a letter of support from the President of the applicant’s National Transplant Society.
- The letters should clearly state that the candidate meets the requirements for eligibility to apply for a Honorary Fellowship (10 years continuous experience and international recognition for her/his clinical, scientific and teaching activity and/or active memberships in recognized scientific associations in the field of transplantation).